Scammers rapidly alter their tactics and adapt their schemes to the changing landscape. It is anticipated that scammers will leverage the pending Covid-19 vaccine to prey on unsuspecting beneficiaries.
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF
- You likely will not need to pay anything out of pocket to get the vaccine.
- You CANNOT pay to put your name on a list to get the vaccine.
- You CANNOT pay to get early access to the vaccine.
- No one from Medicare or the Health Department will contact you.
- No one from a vaccine distribution site or health care payer, like a private insurance company, will call you asking for your Social Security Number, Credit Card Number or Bank Account information to sign you up for the vaccine.
- Beware of providers offering other products, treatments, or medicine to prevent the virus.
- Check with your health care provider before getting anyCovid-19 treatment.
- If you get a call, text or email – or someone at your door claiming you get early access, STOP. IT IS A SCAM!
If you suspect vaccine fraud or have vaccine fraud case information please notify the SMP mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org