If you have 5 minutes a week or 5 hours a month you can be a CVCJ volunteer! There is never a minimum time requirement to volunteering. We ask that you donate your time and talent to whatever level you feel comfortable.
We strive to match our volunteers to provide services close to where you live, so there is less travel time and more quality time with one of our frail elderly clients.
Below is everything you need to make your volunteering a breeze!
What are you interested in doing?
Volunteers can choose to devote their time to any of our services and even as part of our Fundraising Team.
Visit our programs page to get a flavor and idea of how you may wish volunteer with CVCJ. Below are the programs we currently offer that you can be a part of:
- Caregiver Canines®
- Respite Care
- Medical Transportion
- Grocery Shopping
- Friendly Visits
- Alzheimer’s Respite Care
- Multicultural Outreach
- Veterans to Veterans
CVCJ sponsors 3 major fundraising events annually and a variety of events specific to designated services we provide. To be most effective, we need volunteers on our Fundraising Team. Volunteers are encouraged to sign up for an event that “speaks to them.”
Select one date from the Orientation Dates -August-Sept. 2017 and notify our office by calling 732.505.2273 or email email@example.com when you plan to attend. We will confirm the date and time with you. Unless otherwise noted, all sessions are held at the Toms River CVCJ Office: 67 Rt 37W, Riverwood Plaza Building 2, Floor 2, Toms River, NJ 08755
During the Orientation Session, you will:
- learn about our organization
- review each service
- learn what you can expect from our organization
- learn our expectations from our volunteers
Orientation isn’t just for new volunteers. If you’re an experienced volunteer and would like to join an Orientation Session as a refresher, you are welcome to join us. Thinking of “switching over” to volunteering for a new service and want some information? This is the place for you, too!
New Volunteers: Please remember to bring your Drivers License with you to the orientation to facilitate our Drivers Abstract and background check on our volunteers.
Please remember to do the following:
- Check your email and voice mail for messages from CVCJ.
- Submit your volunteer hours monthly.
- Of course, if you ever have a question about volunteering, your assignment or your care receiver, please call us at 732.505.2273. Alternatively, feel free to contact your local congregational coordinator. If you don’t know your coordinators name, let us know and we can help you with that, too!
- Check us out on Facebook for news, photos, and event updates!
- Check out Caregiver Canines® Facebook page too!